For an exotic tasting salad packed with flavour and nutrients, give this quinoa salad with pineapple and coriander a go!
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups water
- dash of salt
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 cup cucumber, roughly chopped
- Juice of 4 limes
- Wash the quinoa in a fine strainer.
- Place the water, salt and quinoa in a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl mix all the salad ingredients and set aside.
- Toss the cooked quinoa with the pineapple mixture and serve.
- Author: Dr Joanna McMillan