These fresh and fruity prawn skewers are the perfect answer to a light dinner or a tasty accompaniment to a Sunday barbecue.
- 12 green king prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 pineapple diced into bite-sized chunks
- 250g Haloumi cheese chopped into bite sized chunks
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 green capsicum diced, cut into 3cm pieces
- 300mL Natural yoghurt
- 1 handful of fresh mint
- 1 clove of garlic
- Thread a prawn, piece of red and green capsicum, piece of haloumi and piece of pineapple onto a skewer, with prawn in the middle. Repeat to create a colourful kebab.
- BBQ until prawns are cooked through and the other ingredients are ever so slightly charred (approx. 7 mins).
- Served drizzled with mint yoghurt. Combine natural yoghurt, 1 clove of crushed garlic and some chopped mint.
- Author: Dr Joanna McMillan